Historic Building Permits project
Architect? Cost? Date? Launched Nov 2011, our ongoing Vancouver Building Permits 1901-1921 database, currently contains 29,834 hand-transcribed searchable historic permits, with thanks to a Vancouver125 Grant for making the project launch possible. permits.heritagevancouver.org
Sept 29: Conversation with Brian Jackson, General Mgr, Planning & Dev.
Remembering WW1: The Vancouver Homefront
Sept 14: Walking Tour: A Soldier's Journey - From Home Front to Front Line
A Conversation with Brian Jackson about Heritage in Vancouver
Saturday, Sept. 29, 2014; 7pm to 9pm (Doors 6:30pm)
Location: The Town Hall Meeting Room, main floor Vancouver City Hall, 453 West 12th Avenue; Enter by front door on 12th Avenue
All revenues from the event support Heritage Vancouver's conservation initiatives
Heritage Vancouver welcomes Brian Jackson, General Manager, Planning and Development Services for the City of Vancouver for our annual heritage review.
This will include heritage priorities as seen in 2014 and looking ahead to the future of heritage in Vancouver. Heritage Vancouver works closely with the City of Vancouver to find solutions for the conservation of our heritage structures.
Discussions over the past year have included the The Heritage Action Plan, the Vancouver Building Bylaw, Heritage Schools, the Hollywood Theatre, First Shaughnessy, the demolition of the Legg House, and Heritage as part of the neighbourhood plans.
We encourage you to submit questions prior to the event to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that your questions are on the agenda.
Purchase your ticket today as space is limited.
Conversation with Brian Jackson, Sept. 29, 2014
Or pay by cheque:
Eventbrite fees do not apply to payments made by cheque.
Made out to Heritage Vancouver Society and mailed to:
Heritage Vancouver Society
1020 Denman St., PO Box 47036 Denman Place, Vancouver, BC V6G 3E1
Please let us know if you've mailed a cheque, at email@example.com
PIBC 2.0 Organised LUs | AIBC (to be confirmed)
A few of our past events
• Opsal Steel Building - Preview Tour
• West End Plan and Heritage - Discussion
• Conversation with Brian Jackson, Director of Planning CoV
• Annual Garden Party Fundraiser
• Our 1st Annual Self-Guided Garden Tours in 2012
• Howard Hughes at the Bayshore tours
• 100th Anniversary of the Stanley Park Pavilion & the Rock Garden
• A Night of Tiki at the Waldorf Hotel & Bar
• Heritage Vancouver Society & the Vancouver Heritage Foundation: A Conversation about new Strategic Alliances
• Wing Sang Building (1889) Tour & Fundraiser
• Heritage & the Arts – Inaugural Long Table Social
• 2011 Top 10 Endangered Sites Bus Tour
• Art Deco Movie Screening of 42nd Street, hosted by Dal Richards
• Robert Fung’s Gastown – Tour and Reception
• Walking Tour - Strathcona, Vancouver's Old East End
• Walking Tour - Chinatown
• Walking Tour - Hippie Kitsilano
• Walking Tour - Vancouver’s West End
• The Exotic World of Art Deco World’s Fairs
• Tour of the Art Deco Marine Building & Penthouse (1930)
• The Future of Vancouver's Historic Theatres Discussion
• Shanghai and Miami - The Exotic World of Art Deco
• Robert Fung Gastown Tour & Reception
• Heatley Block Discussion
• The Penthouse Nightclub tour/event with Vintage Burlesque
• Our Annual Top Ten Endangered Sites bus tour (Annually, in May)
• Density Bank and Heritage Incentives Discussion
• EcoDensity Forum
• Japantown Forum
• Annual Christmas Party at Roedde House Museum
• Bowling at the Historic Commodore Lanes
• Various Community Speakers on Heritage Issues
• Walking Tour - Hastings Street