Historic Building Permits project
Architect? Cost? Date? Launched Nov 2011, our ongoing Vancouver Building Permits 1901-1921 database, currently contains 32,973 hand-transcribed searchable historic permits, with thanks to a Vancouver125 Grant for making the project launch possible. permits.heritagevancouver.org
June 27 & 28: Annual Gardens Tour
Shaping Vancouver: Conversations on the Heritage Action Plan >
Feb 27: Are Heritage Conservation Areas right for Vancouver?
April 16: What is Vancouver's Heritage?
May 27: What is Neighbourhood Character?
June 12: Our Main Streets
4th Annual Garden Tour – Fundraiser
Sat/Sun June 27 & 28, 2015; 10am to 4pm both days
Tickets: $35 In garden centres retail locations
A fundraiser for Heritage Vancouver – self-guided tour of private gardens. Once again we will feature a selection of eclectic private gardens, from compact small space creations to the grand and glorious and everything in between!
Be sure to book the time in your calendar – this is a popular event with limited number of tickets available.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Presenting: Benjamin Moore
Gold: Atlas Pots – The place for contemporary, lightweight, winter-proof planters
Gaia Green, Adera Stone, Gardenmaking Magazine
Purchase tickets in-person at the retailer listed on our Garden Tour page >
Online purchases have ended to allow for mail-outs.
Past events – listing
• Secrets of the Penthouse Night Club
• Tales of the West End
• Opsal Steel Building - Preview Tour
• West End Plan and Heritage - Discussion
• Conversation with Brian Jackson, Director of Planning CoV
• Annual Garden Party Fundraiser
• Our 1st Annual Self-Guided Garden Tours in 2012
• Howard Hughes at the Bayshore tours
• 100th Anniversary of the Stanley Park Pavilion & the Rock Garden
• A Night of Tiki at the Waldorf Hotel & Bar
• Heritage Vancouver Society & the Vancouver Heritage Foundation: A Conversation about new Strategic Alliances
• Wing Sang Building (1889) Tour & Fundraiser
• Heritage & the Arts – Inaugural Long Table Social
• 2011 Top 10 Endangered Sites Bus Tour
• Art Deco Movie Screening of 42nd Street, hosted by Dal Richards
• Robert Fung’s Gastown – Tour and Reception
• Walking Tour - Strathcona, Vancouver's Old East End
• Walking Tour - Chinatown
• Walking Tour - Hippie Kitsilano
• Walking Tour - Vancouver’s West End
• The Exotic World of Art Deco World’s Fairs
• Tour of the Art Deco Marine Building & Penthouse (1930)
• The Future of Vancouver's Historic Theatres Discussion
• Shanghai and Miami - The Exotic World of Art Deco
• Robert Fung Gastown Tour & Reception
• Heatley Block Discussion
• The Penthouse Nightclub tour/event with Vintage Burlesque
• Our Annual Top Ten Endangered Sites bus tour (Annually, in May)
• Density Bank and Heritage Incentives Discussion
• EcoDensity Forum
• Japantown Forum
• Annual Christmas Party at Roedde House Museum
• Bowling at the Historic Commodore Lanes
• Various Community Speakers on Heritage Issues
• Walking Tour - Hastings Street