Public open house
Problems viewing this e-mail? Read this bulletin from our website
February 13 & 14, 2009
2550 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC
Heritage Vancouver invites you to get involved in determining the Future of Kitsilano Secondary School. As part of the Seismic Mitigation Program, discussions are currently taking place that will have a lasting impact on the future of this important Kitsilano heritage building. The options being presented are:
- Build an entirely new school towards the south end of the site (Main Gym may be retained).
- Build all-new school facilities with the exception of significant portions of the 1927 heritage classroom block, which would be seismically upgraded and refurbished.
- Seismically upgrade all existing facilities.
There are three opportunities for you to get involved.
- Complete the on-line survey by February 15 kitsilano.vsb.bc.ca and see the right-side link: VISIONING Public Opinion Online Survey
- Attend Open Houses at Kitsilano Secondary School, Friday, February 13th, 7-9 and February 14th, 9:30-3:30
- Attend the Visioning session on Saturday, February 14, 9:30am-3:30 pm
Registration and information kitsilano.vsb.bc.ca
Kitsilano Secondary School is listed as a "B" on the City of Vancouver Heritage Register
In the 2007 Commonwealth Report "Vancouver Schools - Establishing Their Heritage Value", Kitsilano’s score is 25 out of a possible 25 points and is rated as 'Superior'.
All previous bulletins can be viewed
from our website at www.heritagevancouver.org/bulletins.html
Visit our website at www.heritagevancouver.org