Problems viewing this e-mail? View on our website:
+ An Evening at the Marine Building Penthouse
+ Other events
+ An Evening at the Marine Building (1930) Penthouse
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 | 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Location: Marine Building Penthouse, 2000 – 355 Burrard Street;
Tickets: $100 donation to Heritage Vancouver Society;
Includes wine and hors d'oeuvres reception. (Tax receipts will be issued)
Heritage Vancouver Society invites you to attend a Special Evening in the ultra-elegant, Jazz Age Penthouse of the Marine Building, "Vancouver's Finest Heritage Building".
This is a unique opportunity to explore the two floors of the private Penthouse, enjoy the Art Deco atmosphere and the fabulous view, hear about its unique history and share your own personal experiences, stories and photos of the Marine Building.
Heritage Vancouver President Donald Luxton will lead tours of the lobby of the Marine Building and Heritage Vancouver Board member, Isaac Vanderhorst will intrigue you with stories about the remarkable history of the Penthouse.
The Marine Building, which opened in 1930, was the landmark project of architects McCarter & Nairne. In 1933, A. J. T. Taylor, managing director of British Pacific, bought the building and built a lavish, Art Deco penthouse on the top floor, overlooking the city. A ride on the tiny elevator that connects the Penthouse with the 18th floor is a highlight of the evening.
The Penthouse has many of its original features still intact, and is currently the office of Urbanics Consultants Ltd., our generous host and sponsor for the evening.
All proceeds support Heritage Vancouver Society's initiatives to conserve Vancouver's built heritage.
Purchase your tickets early as there are a limited number of spaces for this exclusive event and it will sell out.
• Online: Purchase via Paypal (account not required)
• Cheque: Made out to Heritage Vancouver Society, PO Box 3336, Main Post Office, Vancouver, BC V6B 3Y3. Please ensure the mailed payment reaches us early enough, and send us an e-mail, so we can hold your spot until your cheque arrives.
For additional information firstname.lastname@example.org
1.5 Non-Core LUs Available | PIBC CPD: 2.0 LUs
+ Other events
Annual Top Ten Endangered Sites Bus Tour
Saturday, May 5, 2012 | 1pm to 5pm
Tickets: $30.00; Heritage Vancouver Members $25.00
Full details | Online payment via Eventbrite
Thank you for your support!
• Help support us! Make a tax-deductible donation
• Join Us! Become a member of Heritage Vancouver Society
• E-bulletin sign-up to receive event listings, alerts and heritage info
• View all previous e-bulletins from 2007 to current
• All upcoming events: www.heritagevancouver.org